Thursday, July 14, 2016

On May 30 I got this email from Jim Davis:

Hello
Hi how you i am doing just fine
I need you to check this out
I found  a  ANN MARIA HANCOCK  WHO MARRIED JAMES C MUNCASTER   COULD SHE BE THE ANNAH
Please check this out on ROOTS WEB WORLD CONNECT ON NORTHRUPS / NORTHORPS/GALLOPS  AND FAMILY

I got on Rootsweb and found William Hancock born about 1765 in Virginia, died 1827 in Henderson Co, KY.  Oct 27, 1788 he married Susannah Grigsby (born about 1767) in Fauquier Co, VA.  It shows them having 4 children, one of which was Ann Maria born about 1800 in VA who married James C. Muncaster born about 1798.


The only thing I really have on Annah is the 1850 census for Henderson Co, KY which shows her living with her son John W.  He was born June 22, 1821 in Henderson Co, KY.  The date is consistent with what we have on Ann Maria Hancock and we know the Hancocks and James Copper were all in Henderson Co, KY, so it is likely that this Ann Maria Hancock is the same Annah, but I can’t tell for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment